October 12, 2004

Baby, I'm back!

I haven't updated because I've been sick. Mom says it's just my usual seasonal allergies, and I'm inclined to believe her. After all, it is October, and the sudden change from "72 and Sunny" to "wear a jacket out there" probably has something to do with my congestion, hacking cough, sore throat, occassional fever, and general malaise. Of course, I think it's got something to do with the fact that I've been taking care of a sick friend.

So, while I've been ill, I've had a chance to discover things. For example:

A dog will smile at you even if you call her a stupid mutt.

Frederick's of Hollywood has a plus size department.

People take me too seriously.

People take themselves too seriously.

Not all women writers write romance novels or horror stories or children's books.

George Carlin has to be one of the funniest comedians of all time.

========================

Let me address one of the above-mentioned items. People take me far too seriously sometimes. Yes, I've spent a lot of time talking to Katie about this. And yes, she is aware of my feelings. She's gotten many concerns from people she knows, and she's informed me of them. So, to alleviate all of your fears, I have no intention of meeting her except as friends. If things progress from there, great! A relationship develops. If things don't progress from there, then we're already friends, so we'll stay friends. It's just that simple, folks.

It's almost 4 am, so I'm going to go to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home