February 26, 2010

Too Early To Get Up; Or, “I’m Not Taking THAT Call”

I have no idea why I woke up this morning.  Strike that, I know why. I’m up because I got not one, not two, but three phone calls this morning, all from the same number.  But I didn’t answer.  I took one look at my phone, saw that there were eight digits instead of the usual seven, ten, or eleven, and hit the “reject” button. 

Normally, I could just roll over and go back to sleep once I had determined that I had not missed an important call, but not today.  Instead, my brain was jerked from a period of recharging straight into the “on” mode.  It didn’t matter that I’d only had about four hours of sleep.  It didn’t help that my bedroom is on the south side of the house, either.  Even if I had wanted to, I wouldn’t have been able to return to peaceful slumber.

So starts yet another day in the life of yours truly.  I hope your day started off better than mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home